Levels of membership
There are four levels of membership:
- Student associate (50% discount for full time students) – students interested in the aims and activities of the association
- Associate – anyone interested in the aims and activities of the association
- Registered – tertiary degree or diploma, or equivalent
- Senior Registered – minimum 10 years professional teaching and further study of high quality
How to apply
- Download and print the application form .
- Complete the form with your details, signature and date.
- If you do not have a proposer and/or seconder these can be left blank and, after assessment and approval by TMTA, completed later by eligible Registered members.
- You may wish to propose your membership status according to the membership criteria subject to approval, however, the relevant level of membership will ultimately be determined on receipt and assessment of your individual application.
- Email the completed form, with copies of relevant documentation to support your application, including a copy of your Working with Children Registration card or acceptance letter to email@example.com
- Make a direct deposit payment (see below for bank details). Please make sure you put your surname in the reference field. In 2019 our membership fees are $120 or $60 for holders of approved student cards.
- Bank details – Account name: Tasmanian Music Teachers’ Association, BSB: 807-009, Account No: 122 10 723.
NB All new applicants are required to have current Working with Children Registration as required by Tasmanian law from April 1, 2015. Proof of registration and expiry date must submitted with the application.
If you prefer, you may post the completed form, supporting documents and cheque or money order payable to Tasmanian Music Teachers Association, to the following address:
TMTA State Treasurer
C/- 21 Nile Ave,
SANDY BAY 7005
Members are automatically added to the Find a Teacher database now available on this website unless they indicate they wish to opt out. If you need more information about membership please contact us.