Levels of membership
There are four levels of membership:
- Student associate (50% discount for full time students) – students interested in the aims and activities of the association
- Associate – anyone interested in the aims and activities of the association
- Registered – tertiary degree or diploma, or equivalent
- Senior Registered – minimum 10 years professional teaching and further study of high quality
How to apply
- Download and print the application form (two A4 pages)
- Complete the form with your details, signature and date.
- If you do not have a proposer and/or seconder these can be left blank and, after assessment and approval by TMTA, completed later by eligible Registered members.
- You may wish to propose your membership status according to the membership criteria subject to approval, however, the relevant level of membership will ultimately be determined on receipt and assessment of your individual application.
- Attach copies of relevant documentation to support your application, including a photocopy of your Working with Children Registration card or acceptance letter. Please do not send originals!
- Attach cheque/money order or make a direct deposit payment (see below for bank details). If making a direct deposit, please make sure you put your surname in the reference field, and indicate on the application form that you have made a direct deposit payment and the date it was made. In 2019 our membership fees are $120 or $60 for holders of approved student cards.
- Bank details – Account name: Tasmanian Music Teachers’ Association, BSB: 807-009, Account No: 122 10 723.
NB All new applicants are required to have current Working with Children Registration as required by Tasmanian law from April 1, 2015. Proof of registration and expiry date must submitted with the application.
Post the completed form and supporting documents to:
TMTA State Treasurer
43 Belar Street, HOWRAH 7018
Members are automatically added to the Find a Teacher
database now available on this website unless they indicate they wish to opt out. If you need more information about membership please contact us