- This event has passed.
Southern Branch Music Competition 2017
August 27, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The TMTA Southern Branch Music Competition is held every year around August in southern Tasmania. There are four sections, each with various awards, the first section being for piano entrants only. The other sections are open to all instruments (including piano) and voice.
The sections are as follows:
- Section 1 ~ Junior Pianoforte Shield, Preliminary to Grade 2 AMEB or equivalent, in memory of Molly Retjoe, open to piano entrants only
- Section 2 ~ Brenda Hean and Madame Helen George Awards, Grades 3-5 AMEB or equivalent
- Section 3 ~ Brenda Hean, Ann McGarry and McCann’s Music Awards, Grades 6-8 AMEB or equivalent
- Section 4 ~ The Graeme Buchanan Award, Diploma level
The competition is adjudicated. This year, the adjudicator is Larry Sitsky – pianist, composer, music educator and scholar – who is Emeritus Professor at the Australian National University (ANU). At the conclusion of the Competition, Larry Sitsky will present the TMTA Award for the most promising performer, the winner of which could be from any of the four sections.
Family, friends and members of the general public are welcome to attend the event. Entry is by donation.
Entry Requirements and Procedure
- Name of teacher & contact
- Name(s) of student(s)
- Section(s) being entered
- Names of works and composers
If you have any questions, please contact Maureen as indicated above via our contact page or by phone (03) 6234 1545.
*** All entry details must be received no later than Friday 18th August 2017 ***